Volunteers are an essential and important part of the convention, and those who volunteer universally find it a rewarding experience. Mizucon is a nonprofit convention with a fully volunteer staff, YOU are the con!
What does a volunteer do?
- Pre-con promotions.
- Event setup at the venue.
- At-con event tasks including logistics and operating technology.
- Validating, helping, informing, and guiding attendees.
- Post-con disassembly, storage, and venue cleanup.
What are the requirements?
- Ability to be on your feet for an excess of 2 hours, although we will reasonably accommodate disabilities.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- You must have a phone with which to communicate with the volunteer coordinator.
- To qualify for rewards, you will agree to and then fulfill a certain number of volunteer hours.
- You are expected to be honest and conduct yourself in a civil and professional manner. We have low tolerance for drama.
As a volunteer you are eligible to receive day passes, weekend passes, swag, and senior repeat volunteers may be invited to stay overnight in a volunteer hotel room.
Your application will be reviewed by the Head of Volunteering to evaluate your skills and interest in reference to volunteering.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After filling out the application, you can join our volunteers facebook group: Mizucon Volunteers