MizuCon 2017 Panelist Policy
Deadline for accepting panels is August 1st, 2017
Knowledgeable about a subject and want everyone in the world to know about it? Want to host a gameshow or event? This is the place to apply!
- Panels are a first come first serve type of basis. So for those who apply first, there will be a much better shot of getting a panel slot. Once panel slots are full or already taken, we reserve the right to wait list your panel submission. You will be notified by the email provided for your submission in regards to approval, wait list, etc.
- Panelists MUST specify any requested equipment at the time of the panel request submission. Panelists are required to provide additional needed equipment. You will be notified what we can provide from your request.
- We reserve the right to change a panel time or the room that the panel is held in. The panel host will be the one to be notified for such changes and is expected to notify the other panelists in their group.
- Panels should reflect an aspect of anime, manga, Japanese culture, or the con culture. We reserve the right to not approve panel submissions that we deem not fitting to MizuCon.
- Guest panels have priority.
- MizuCon will NOT provide laptops and there is NO Internet access available in the panel rooms.
- No one under 16 may host a panel. If you’re under 18, you may not participate in panels that discuss adult topics. This will be strictly enforced by staff.
- All Panels that are 18+ will be scheduled after 7:00 P.M. ID’s will be checked.
Host/panelists will receive a pass to the convention based on the amount of hours the person will complete. Passes will be picked up at the convention in registration.
- One panel = 1 (one) day pass
- Two panels = 2 (two) day passes
- Three panels = 1 (one) weekend pass
- It is required that you check in 15 minutes prior to your panel.
- Panelists are expected to begin wrap-up a minimum of 5 or so minutes before the scheduled ending time.
- If your panel does not start on time for whatever reason, you must still end on time. No exceptions.
- There is only a 15 minute late arrival policy. This means if you show up later than 15 minutes we will assume you are not showing up and your panel will be considered canceled. If it is canceled you are considered a No Show and all consequences that come with a No Show will also be applied here. This will be strictly enforced.
- If and only if there is a DOCUMENTED emergency may the No Show policy and consequences be waived. In the event of any emergency Head of Programming MUST be immediately informed. A phone numbers and emails will be provided to approved submissions two weeks prior to the con for events such as these. Please try to have back up just in case for these situations.
- Each panel group must chose a leader, or a host, for their panels. The panel host will act as the point of contact for the panel group as a whole.
- Each panel must not exceed more than 3 panelists unless otherwise permitted.
- ALL panelists are expected to behave professionally at all times. This also includes outside of panels. Please keep in mind that you are representing MizuCon and as such shall maintain a professional manner at all times. This will be strictly upheld.
- If listed as a panelist, you MUST attend any and all panels that you are listed for. If you do not show for your panel you may be asked to leave the convention or may have your badge revoked. Additional measures may be taken.
- We reserve the right to determine what is and what is not considered appropriate behavior.
- Be respectful to MizuCon staff, MizuCon volunteers, other panelists, guests, and attendees.
- Panelists must disclose what the panel fully details and how the panel will be run.
- Panelists hosting the panel must maintain the room, this means clean up after yourself when finished with your panel.
The following is behavior that will definitely NOT be tolerated
- There is no consumption of alcohol during any panel, no matter your age. Nor are you allowed to be intoxicated during a panel.
- If the panel is NOT an 18+ panel, then it will be inferred that any type of foul or inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
- No materials that violate copyright materials or any other type of intellectual property rights within the U.S. will not be permitted.
- A panel cannot and WILL NOT charge their attendance money, unless otherwise noted. There is absolutely no selling of anything during a panel; this includes merchandise or supplies. Workshops that provide materials to use may charge a material fee pre-approved by the Convention. Any potential fee must be listed in the description of the panel.
Violation of the terms of this policy may result in:
- Immediate termination of panel or in-progress panel.
- Other panels run by that host or group may also be canceled. We reserve the right to decide on a case-by-case basis.
- Badges may be revoked.
- Being potentially banned from hosting any panels in the future at MizuCon.